PharoV40.sources for 40606
Marcus Denker
2015-04-13 13:03:54 UTC
Hi,

We have to generate a new .source file. We will do that for 40606.

This means that there will be two versions of 40606: one that has a V3 Sources and one with a V4 source.
To not get confused, the best is to wait for 607.

Marcus
Tudor Girba
2015-04-13 13:07:34 UTC
Great. Thanks for the heads up.

Cheers,
Doru
--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing has its own flow"
Marcus Denker
2015-04-13 13:48:45 UTC
Post by Marcus Denker
We have to generate a new .source file. We will do that for 40606.
This means that there will be two versions of 40606: one that has a V3 Sources and one with a V4 source.
To not get confused, the best is to wait for 607.
Ok:

-> sources file is on
http://files.pharo.org/sources/ <http://files.pharo.org/sources/>

-> the latest image (40606) use it:

http://files.pharo.org/image/40/latest.zip <http://files.pharo.org/image/40/latest.zip>

Next:

- fix get.pharo.org <http://get.pharo.org/>
- fix the scripts that build the downloads
- do a 607

Marcus
Marcus Denker
2015-04-13 14:17:30 UTC
Post by Marcus Denker
Post by Marcus Denker
We have to generate a new .source file. We will do that for 40606.
This means that there will be two versions of 40606: one that has a V3 Sources and one with a V4 source.
To not get confused, the best is to wait for 607.
-> sources file is on
http://files.pharo.org/sources/ <http://files.pharo.org/sources/>
http://files.pharo.org/image/40/latest.zip <http://files.pharo.org/image/40/latest.zip>
- fix get.pharo.org <http://get.pharo.org/>
- fix the scripts that build the downloads
- do a 607
We did it all.

Result: it is all broken. We will revert it all.

What do we learn from it? The artefact on the build server needs to be the artefact of release.
Everything that does not support this needs to be changes.

Marcus
Tudor Girba

"Every thing has its own flow"
Sven Van Caekenberghe
2015-04-13 14:28:40 UTC
Post by Marcus Denker
Post by Marcus Denker
Post by Marcus Denker
We have to generate a new .source file. We will do that for 40606.
This means that there will be two versions of 40606: one that has a V3 Sources and one with a V4 source.
To not get confused, the best is to wait for 607.
-> sources file is on
http://files.pharo.org/sources/
http://files.pharo.org/image/40/latest.zip
- fix get.pharo.org
- fix the scripts that build the downloads
- do a 607
We did it all.
Result: it is all broken. We will revert it all.
All broken is a bit harsh, but yes this is not fun.
Post by Marcus Denker
What do we learn from it? The artefact on the build server needs to be the artefact of release.
Everything that does not support this needs to be changes.
Yes, of course.
Marcus
Marcus Denker
2015-04-13 14:32:07 UTC
Post by Sven Van Caekenberghe
Post by Marcus Denker
Post by Marcus Denker
Post by Marcus Denker
We have to generate a new .source file. We will do that for 40606.
This means that there will be two versions of 40606: one that has a V3 Sources and one with a V4 source.
To not get confused, the best is to wait for 607.
-> sources file is on
http://files.pharo.org/sources/
http://files.pharo.org/image/40/latest.zip
- fix get.pharo.org
- fix the scripts that build the downloads
- do a 607
We did it all.
Result: it is all broken. We will revert it all.
All broken is a bit harsh, but yes this is not fun.
It is all broken: when you look at a class comment it shows you parts of method sources.

Marcus
Sven Van Caekenberghe

Marcus
Marcus Denker
2015-04-13 14:49:45 UTC
Post by Sven Van Caekenberghe
Yes, that is bad.
Can you write a short mail or issue entry about what you did exactly, so that others can try to debug this situation ?
I did

PharoSourcesCondenser condenseNewSources

and the after the class comment of LargePositiveInteger is empty, the class comment of others are wrong.
(e.g. LargeNegativeInteger is

"s
^ separators”

Marcus
Marcus Denker
2015-04-13 14:52:33 UTC
Post by Marcus Denker
Post by Sven Van Caekenberghe
Yes, that is bad.
Can you write a short mail or issue entry about what you did exactly, so that others can try to debug this situation ?
I did
PharoSourcesCondenser condenseNewSources
and the after the class comment of LargePositiveInteger is empty, the class comment of others are wrong.
(e.g. LargeNegativeInteger is
"s
^ separators”
The method sources seem to be ok: I can recompile everything with no problem.
(that I tested already some weeks ago not to run into the famous “condense sources does not work” issue
a day before the release… of course, it was not enough).

Marcus
Marcus Denker
2015-04-13 15:35:07 UTC
Post by Marcus Denker
Post by Marcus Denker
Post by Sven Van Caekenberghe
Yes, that is bad.
Can you write a short mail or issue entry about what you did exactly, so that others can try to debug this situation ?
I did
PharoSourcesCondenser condenseNewSources
and the after the class comment of LargePositiveInteger is empty, the class comment of others are wrong.
(e.g. LargeNegativeInteger is
"s
^ separators”
The method sources seem to be ok: I can recompile everything with no problem.
(that I tested already some weeks ago not to run into the famous “condense sources does not work” issue
a day before the release… of course, it was not enough).
I think we fixed it… slice incoming.

Marcus
Marcus Denker
2015-04-13 15:38:22 UTC
Post by Marcus Denker
Post by Marcus Denker
Post by Sven Van Caekenberghe
Yes, that is bad.
Can you write a short mail or issue entry about what you did exactly, so that others can try to debug this situation ?
I did
PharoSourcesCondenser condenseNewSources
and the after the class comment of LargePositiveInteger is empty, the class comment of others are wrong.
(e.g. LargeNegativeInteger is
"s
^ separators”
The method sources seem to be ok: I can recompile everything with no problem.
(that I tested already some weeks ago not to run into the famous “condense sources does not work” issue
a day before the release
 of course, it was not enough).
I think we fixed it
 slice incoming.
https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/15336/Writing-a-new-souces-brakes-class-comments <https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/15336/Writing-a-new-souces-brakes-class-comments>

Marcus
Nicolas Cellier
Very good idea to use brakes when changes are coming too fast ;)
Marcus Denker
2015-04-14 08:06:07 UTC
Hi,

A next try based on 40607 we will:

-> generate sources from that (DONE)
-> upload to http://files.pharo.org/sources/ <http://files.pharo.org/sources/>
-> upload image (TODO)
-> fix zeroconf (Next)
-> fix build scripts (TODO)
-> do an empty 608 for testing (TODO)
Marcus
Marcus Denker
2015-04-14 10:45:38 UTC
Post by Marcus Denker
Hi,
-> generate sources from that (DONE)
-> upload to http://files.pharo.org/sources/ <http://files.pharo.org/sources/>
-> upload image (TODO)
-> fix zeroconf (Next)
-> fix build scripts (TODO)
-> do an empty 608 for testing (TODO)
DONE!

Marcus
Tudor Girba
2015-04-14 13:40:22 UTC
Yuppee. I changed the Moose build to package the Pharo40.sources and it
works fine.

Doru
Hi,

"Every thing has its own flow"