SmalltalkHub upgrade!
Nicolas Petton
2013-06-28 15:23:11 UTC
SmalltalkHub upgrade!

Hi, I'm pleased to announce a new SmalltalkHub upgrade.
This upgrade includes quite some bug fixes and speed improvements.

- new buttons to delete mcz files and packages
- deleting projects will delete mcz files
- team can now also be deleted
- the MCZ cache is now correctly flushed when required
- Private projects are now hidden from all public timelines
- Speed improvements for some Mongo requests

Issue fixes:

- issue 16: Cannot delete project
- Issue 1: Monticello Registration snippet should not supply user name
- Issue 5: Some message should be shown when you try do delete the only member of a Team
- Issue 6: I just got to see an Amber debugger while trying to log out
- Issue 25: Remove packages does not work
- Issue 23: Encoding problem

You can follow the bug tracker of SmalltalkHub and report issues there: https://code.google.com/p/smalltalk-hub/issues

Cheers,
Nico
kilon
2013-06-28 16:10:27 UTC
I really love what have you done with smalltalk hub. I dont think any other
programming language has such a dedicated online repo as well designed as
this. Of course there is github but its not quite the same as using a repo
that has been created in your language of choice.

The new features are definetly a step forward.

I am curious is there an API that pharo can use to manage smalltalkhub ? By
manage I mean to push, commit , pull etc Or ask smalltalkhub to search for a
specific project and return its http adress and such things that we can
already do from the browser.

Keep up the amazing work.

By the way hows Helios and the new amber debugger going ?

Damien Cassou
2013-06-30 13:34:03 UTC
Post by kilon
I am curious is there an API that pharo can use to manage smalltalkhub ? By
manage I mean to push, commit , pull etc Or ask smalltalkhub to search for a
specific project and return its http adress and such things that we can
already do from the browser.
Smalltalkhub offers a REST API that the javascript client uses to show
the website. You can get more information by looking at the source
code: http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~NicolasPetton/SmalltalkHub.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill
Nicolas Petton
2013-07-01 07:17:10 UTC
Hi!

Helios will be shipped with the next release of Amber. The stepping debugger won't make it into the release though, it's not ready yet.

Nico
http://www.nicolas-petton.fr
Damien Cassou
2013-07-01 13:20:40 UTC
Post by Nicolas Petton
Helios will be shipped with the next release of Amber. The stepping debugger won't make it into the release though, it's not ready yet.
but can we reuse Helios as the SmalltalkHub mcz browser?

Winston Churchill
Nicolas Petton
2013-07-01 13:35:13 UTC
we could, but Helios is supposed to be an environment, not just a code browser.
I'll see.

Nico
http://www.nicolas-petton.fr
Stéphane Ducasse

Nico
Sven Van Caekenberghe
2013-06-30 14:01:14 UTC
Hi Nicolas,

Great work. Thanks for taking care.
Like I said before: it is a great responsibility that you are carrying, respect !

One day you have to write a blog post giving us all some insight in the production details, with some nice numbers and graphs.

Sven

PS: Is a source code browsing feature something that we can expect someday ? It is really something that I miss: I often want to have a quick look at some code, before defining the repository and/or loading it.
Nico
Damien Cassou
2013-06-30 14:04:18 UTC
Post by Sven Van Caekenberghe
PS: Is a source code browsing feature something that we can expect someday ? It is really something that I miss: I often want to have a quick look at some code, before defining the repository and/or loading it.
could we use Helios for that?

Winston Churchill
kilon
2013-06-30 14:35:06 UTC
Thanks Damien :)

Nicolas Petton

http://www.nicolas-petton.fr
Sven Van Caekenberghe
2013-07-08 14:37:38 UTC
Post by Sven Van Caekenberghe
One day you have to write a blog post giving us all some insight in the production details, with some nice numbers and graphs.
BTW, isn't SmalltalkHub running on Pharo 2.0 ?

The Jenkins image that I have does in any case, is that not the deployed one ?

But at the bottom it (still) says "Running Amber 0.9.1 - Pharo 1.4 - Seaside 3.0 - MongoDB 2.0.4".

Sven
Nicolas Petton

http://www.nicolas-petton.fr
Sven Van Caekenberghe
2013-07-08 14:56:02 UTC
Post by Nicolas Petton
Right, I just forgot to update the footer :) It is 2.0!
Which is cool, BTW.
Nico